ROAST CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS WITH MASHED POTATO
ROAST CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- Ingredients: 10 chicken drumsticks from Sainsbury's (cost: 1,88 £); 5 garlic cloves finely chopped + 1/2 of a lemon juice + 1 tsp of white pepper powder + 1 tsp of cooking salt; olive oil (ingredients from the cupboard)
- Seasoning: Smash all ingredients in a mortar or electric food mill. Spread the paste, massaging the drumsticks so they absorb it well.
- Cooking: Pour some olive oil on a tray (enough to cover it roughly) and place the drumsticks in. Cook them at 180º C for about 25-30 minutes. Turn the roasting on by minute 20, for about 10 minutes. Roast both sides of the drumsticks.
- Seasoning: Bring the water to the boil, add the potatoes, the salt and the tarragon. Let it cook till the potatoes become fully tender (5-8 minutes).
- Cooking: Drain the potatoes. Melt the butter on the saucepan where you cooked the potatoes, add the potatoes and blend. Start mashing with the help of a potato masher. Pour the milk in small bits, and add the cheese slice and the nutmeg. With the help of a wood spoon, blend it altogether. Spread the mash in a non sticky tray, sprinkle some fine bread crumbs and put it in the oven to roast for about 10 minutes.